"This is a sponsored post from Disney Music and One2One Network. All opinions are my own."
We all love Disney movies, and we fall in love with the soundtracks from these movies. They become the soundtracks to our lives. When we listen to a song like When You Wish Upon A Star, we remember when we watched Pinocchio for the first time. We reminisce. It also becomes the soundtracks to our daily lives, for example, every household has danced and sung loudly to Let It Go from Frozen.
This album is a different variety. It's our favorite songs, with a wonderful jazz spin on it. Walt Disney himself loved jazz, and this album is a fantastic addition to the Disney albums.
This album was recorded in London, Paris, and Los Angeles by an all-star cast. No egos got in the way, every song sounds as if it was made for jazz. Each of these songs could be the original. None of these sound like they're trying to turn it into a jazz tune. Each one just flows wonderfully well.
Not only do I enjoy this album, my kids do, too. It's nice to have some jazz playing in the car, and the kids don't complain about it! It's a miracle! Thank you, Disney, for that. Check out the track listing:
1. Jamie Cullum – "Everybody Wants To Be A Cat" – from The Aristocats
2. Melody Gardot – "He’s A Tramp" – from Lady And The Tramp
3. Stacey Kent – "Bibbidi Bobbodo Boo" (French version) – from Cinderella
4. Gregory Porter – "When You Wish Upon A Star" – from Pinocchio
5. China Moses – "Why Don’t You Do Right" – from Who Framed Roger Rabbit?
6. Raphaël Gualazzi – "I Wanna Be Like You" – from The Jungle Book
7. The Rob Mounsey Orchestra – "A Dream Is A Wish Your Heart Makes" – from Cinderella
8. Hugh Coltman – "You’ve Got A Friend In Me" – from Toy Story
9. Anne Sila – "Let It Go" – from Frozen
10. Melody Gardot & Raphaël Gualazzi – "The Bare Necessities" – from The Jungle Book
11. Laika – "Once Upon A Dream" – from Sleeping Beauty
12. Nikki Yanofsky -"Someday My Prince Will Come" – from Snow White & The Seven Dwarfs
13. The Hot Sardines – I Wanna Be Like You (French & English version) – from The Jungle Book (US release only)
I'll be honest, I have no idea who any of those artists are because I'm not an avid jazz listener. But I absolutely love what I hear. It's soothing, it's calming, it's a great way to just sit back and read a book. Or just have it playing in the background while eating rather than having the TV on.
I really have no other words - this album is amazing. If you're a Disney fan, you need to listen to this album. Especially if you loved the We Love Disney album featuring today's hottest artists. This one's just as good!Find the album on iTunes or Amazon
Have you listened to it? Let me know what you think!