|Autism cause. One close to my heart.|
|Carebears, a favorite of my childhood.|
Some pros about the card:
- No enrollment fee.
- No card activation fee
- No inactivity fee
- No POS (point of service) transaction fees
- Free direct deposit
- Free customer service (unlike some other companies who charge)
- Free app to view balance
- Free to order, activate and load
- No overdraft fees, as it will never let you spend more than you have
- Free card to card transfers, any time, anywhere, in seconds
- 24/7 support, Visa fraud protection and it has 100% FDIC insurance on funds
- No credit check
- 22,000 in-network ATMs
- Tons of unique card designs to choose from including Betty Paige, James Dean, Care Bears, Walking Dead, Star Trek, Breast Cancer Research, Shark Week, etc.
|Mustache, very hipster.|
Some cons about the card (but are quite common among prepaid cards)
- Monthly maintenance fee of $5.95 per month - but it is waived if you have more than $800 loaded via direct deposit (ONLY direct deposit)
- ATM cash withdrawal fee of $3.00 per transaction (both domestic and international)
- Over the counter withdrawals $3.00 per transaction (this is when you get cash from a bank teller using your card)
- Balance inquiry $1 per inquiry. But this is easily bypassed when you use the free app!
- If you require a paper statement it will cost you $2 per monthly statement requested.
So, very similar to other prepaid cards. I have to say, I've used my card and I have no worries. I love the design, and even had a few people comment on it. Its hot pink and says Keep Calm with a crown on it. The card isn't available on the website at the moment, but there are other hot pink cards! I think this card is a must have, it is worth it.
Only thing I wish it had that it doesn't, is text alerts. The Paypal Prepaid card (yes, they have a prepaid card too) will text you when a deposit is made, when a hold is placed, when a purchase comes off, etc. You can even text it and it will tell you the balance. I personally, love that feature. Granted, the app is pretty awesome too, but that takes up space LOL.