Summer is really close. For Arizona, summer starts this Friday! yikes! I am not ready!!! But for those of you who are wondering what to do this summer. I have some ideas that I think you may enjoy.
1. Niagra Falls, Canada. I remember this trip when I was younger. It was so much fun. Granted, nowadays it’s a bit harder to get across the border to Canada, and back, its really worth it. To ride the boat that takes you up to the falls, and walk in the caves behind the falls. Its so amazing. I am sure it has changed a bit over the years, but at the same time, I am sure the old goodies are still there too. I remember there was this simulator ride that made you feel like you were going over the falls. It was so realistic, and so crazy. It was insane. But crazy fun. Niagra falls at night, wow. The Falls have lights in different colors that are projected onto the water itself. Its so pretty, and so breathtaking. During the day, if you are in the right angle when it comes to sun and water mist, you can see the rainbows they make. Little kids would love that.
If I remember correctly, there was this cool tower building, that you get inside, and it takes you up to the top, and spins – slowly – so you can view the entire area. Its really wonderful, and I think kids would really love it. I did when I was younger. I still have memories today.
2. San Diego. This is a place where there is so much to do. From Sea World, to the amusement park, to the beach (if you live in a place with no beaches, this is one awesome place to go), to the zoo. Everything here is absolutely beautiful. If you look now, you should be able to find some great deals on hotels close to the beach, before they fill up with all the other summer tourists. San Diego is kid friendly, and a great destination. Also – have your kids watch the 1st Madagascar movie – when they land on Madagascar, they think they are in San Diego – that’s why my son wants to go so badly. He thinks King Julian lives there. LOL
Before you go, put an eggo waffle in the toaster, when its done, put butter on it, and sprinkle a mixture of sugar and brown sugar on top. Get it?! A Sandy-Eggo! Ha. love it.
3. Disney World / Land. Either one works fine. Which one are you closest to, California or Florida? Either way, it’s a great option. The kids will get to see all their favorite Princesses and Disney story characters like Buzz and Woody, and maybe even some characters from Cars and other movies like that. Disney is the most magical place on Earth right? And you can find decent deals on hotels, and park hopper passes. You can find them either on Disney Parks website, or even through your travel agent ( like AAA ). I’ve even seen passes at places like Safeway here in Arizona. I am sure other grocery stores has these as well.
4. Personally, if I was a kid again, I would want to go to Hawaii. I have yet to go, and I know that I would have love to have gone. Between the volcanoes, and the waterfalls, the observatory, and watching the sunrise on top of the volcano, I would have been the happiest girl in the world. Its really a breathtaking place. You can go to a Luau, and see the black sand beaches (but don’t take any sand, its illegal). You can take helicopter rides around the islands. Did you know that Hawaii is where that opening helicopter scene from Jurassic Park is! Yea! You can take a ride and experience that too. And with a year round average of about 70 + rainfall, your looking at a decent time, with gorgeous flowers, and a beautiful setting.
5. Now, I had to think long and hard about where I want number 5 to be. I haven’t been many places on my summers growing up, as we didn’t always have the money. And while I wanted to name amusement parks, and big attractions. I think theres a way to have a great summer getaway, and not have to spend too much. Where is this, your asking? Right in your own backyard. Or in the local park where your able to camp. Get a tent, airbeds, and roast marshmallows. We did something similar to this when we were younger, we had a log cabin we went to once, and we roasted marshmallows, and went horseback riding, and it was so much fun. I think this would be good for all kids. Get away from the TV, even though we really love Phineas and Ferb. Get away from the video games, even though ModNation Racers is way too much fun. And just be out doors. Breathe in fresh air, enjoy nature at its finest. Enjoy the times of OUR childhood when it felt like it was much simpler. Where it wasn’t scary to let the kids play outside till the street lights came on (that was my curfew as a kid). Let the kids have the fun that we wish they would have today, play tag, and hide and seek, and duck duck goose. Let the kids be kids, outdoors in nature.
So, what are you going to do this summer? Share, I want to know!
“I wrote this blog post while participating in the SocialMoms and Alamo blogging program, for a gift card worth $25. For more information on how you can participate, click here.”
This blog is monetized through the use of affiliate links and sponsored posts. What does this mean for you?
Affiliate links: Any time you click one of these affiliate links and make a purchase, I'll make a small percentage from that sale. This is at no cost to you!
Sponsored Posts: Advertisers have paid to place posts that are relevant to my blog/readers. They want *YOU* to see their post. I am paid by the advertiser to place the post on my blog.
For more information, please see my disclosure policy here.