Every year I tend to try to have a resolution... Well, not this year. I don't want to make a resolution. I want to make a goal. A goal, I feel, is more attainable, more realistic than a resolution. A resolution feels too concrete, and over the course of a year, those sights could be lost. Things change. Plans change. Lives change.
For the 2011 year, my goals are:
- Give my blog a bigger presence. I would like to have a bigger audience. Maybe even host some giveaways. Maybe host my own giveaway. In any case, I want to reach out to more people.
- Allow advertisements on my blog. I have not let anyone post an advertisement on my blog. I have however, placed my own affiliate links/ads up on my blog. I would like to expand my options. I have heard from other bloggers out there that this is a great way to generate revenue on the blog. So I would like to explore this option to see if it gets me anywhere. To expand on that one, we come to my next goal.
- To see where my blog can take me financially. I hear about other bloggers who are able to earn enough money to not have to have another job. I would like to see how true that is. As of right now, as I am typing this blog, I have 42 followers on Google Friend Connect. And a little more than that subscribed to my feed. I want to see that number go higher. I have a goal, somehow, someway, I plan on getting at least 500 more this year. We will check back in next year to see if it really happened.
- To continue with school and keep passing all my tests! I am so excited that I am doing so well so far in school. So far I have passed every test. I plan on continuing that and to keep pushing forward.
- Since my schooling is online – I want to complete 2 semesters this year. If I complete more that would be great!
I am really hoping that 2011 will bring not only me and my family a great year, but everyone. It's time that everyone gets back on track.
I also want to make note, that if you would like to lessen the burden on yourself, and feel like you need help – please feel free to contact me. I am in school for my A.O.S. in Accounting. While yes, I am only in Intro to Business, I also am good with numbers. If you would like for me to help you keep track of your expenses, please feel free to contact me, and let's work something out. I help you, you help me. I help you keep track of your money coming in, as well as what you have to pay, when you have to pay it, and in return I get some experience and hopefully a reference.
All in all, I look forward to a good new year, and new possibilities – in all aspects of my life.
Ok – off to watch Christmas movies with my little guy.